In today’s fast-paced business environment, each decision counts. Stress at every level impacts how and what decisions are made—sometimes with long-term consequences. When rapid change occurs, whether in an emergency or due to the daily demands of work, leaders must be equipped with tools and training for effective Decision Making Under Stress (DMUS). Because leaders must perform at their peak even under stress, they need focused training on how to build more stress-resilient teams and organizations.
DMUS for Leaders provides this training, with tools and techniques to help leaders make effective decisions even when under extreme stress or the stress of day-to-day decision making in a global economy. Case studies, examples and activities focus on business decision making and the types of stress that are unique to leaders working in the corporate world.
- Leaders working in high-stress environments
- C-Suite executives
- Military leaders
- Leaders in companies experiencing change
- Leaders in rapid-change industries
- Anyone who routinely makes high-stress decisions
- How people really make decisions (it's not how you think)
- The impact of stress on decision making
- Linkages between stress, cognitive and emotional intelligences and decision making
- How your comfort zone impacts stress resilience, and therefore, decision making
- The cumulative effect of stress and how to stop the escalation
- Decision making practice
- Feedback on ARSENAL— a powerful developmental tool to measure and build stress resilience
- Tools for use before, during and after emergencies
- Development Plan to improve the seven best practices for building stress resilience
- Tools to enhance decision making under stress
- Feedback on the ARSENAL seven best practices
- Personal Development Plan to build resilience and improve decision making under stress
- Skills that can be applied at home in addition to the workplace
- A copy of The Stress Effect: Why Smart Leaders Make Dumb Decisions—And What to Do About It
- Detailed class notebook with additional resources
- Make better decisions in rapidly changing situations/environments
- Learn which tools to use at different phases in decision making
- Learn how to prepare mind and body for rapid-response periods when handling stress really counts
- Training targeted to the role level of participants for maximum learning and application
- Participants demonstrate decision making under stress
- Participants experience the physiological and cognitive effects of stress
- Observe real-time data showing the impact of stress
- Practice stress management techniques
- Create a Development Plan
About the Facilitator: Henry L. (Dick) Thompson, Ph.D., is the President and CEO of High Performing Systems, Inc., and the author of The Stress Effect: Why Smart Leaders Make Dumb Decisions—And What to Do About It, a groundbreaking and insightful resource that shows how stress is often the real culprit behind poor decision making and leadership failure.
Dr. Thompson’s 21-year military service resulted in first-hand experience in decision making under stress. During that time, he trained and led some of the most elite special operations teams in the world. He served as an officer with the U.S. Army Special Forces Group (Green Berets) in Vietnam and was decorated on several occasions for his heroism.
Dr. Thompson has created the DMUS training, ARSENAL Assessment and development process to build individual and organizational stress resilience.
To learn more about DMUS for Leaders Call 800-535-8445.